Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Positive Ground Tractor

The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri: Inferno

Canto quarter, which shows the first circle of hell, a place called Limbo, and there is of the pain of 'non-baptized and de' valiant men, who moriron before the advent of Jesus Christ and not duly met Idio , and how Christ Jesus took the place of many souls.

A piece of Canto IV: In English:
Ruppemi up sleep my head A heavy
Truono, so that I collected
as a person who by force is wakened;
Broke the deep lethargy
Within my head A heavy thunder, I know That I upstarted,
Like to a person who by force is wakened;
and moved my rested eyes around,
Uprisen and fixedly riguardai
to recognize the place Where 'I was.
And round about I Moved my eyes rested,
Uprisen erect, and steadfastly I gazed,
To recognise the place wherein I was.
It is true that 'n I was on the brink of the abyss of the valley
painful
that 'welcomes thunders of infinite trouble.
True is it, That upon the verge I found me Of the abysmal valley dolorous
,
That gathers thunder of infinite ululations.
Obscure, profound it was
and nebulous, So that by fixing on the bottom face,
I will not discerned anything.
Obscure, It Was Profound, and nebulous, So That
by fixing on ITS
depths my sight Nothing whatever I discerned therein.

0 comments:

Post a Comment